An elegant piped biscuit to impress friends and family.
At a glance
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Preheat oven to fan 160°C, conventional 180°C, gas 4.
- Sift the flour and salt into a small bowl and set aside.
- Beat the butter and icing sugar in a warmed bowl until very soft.
- This is very important otherwise the mixture will be too stiff to pipe.
- Stir in the flour and salt.
- Place mixture in a piping bag with a large star nozzle and pipe fingers approximately 7-8cm long.
- Chill for 30 minutes and then bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove carefully from the baking tray whilst warm and cool on a wire rack.
- To finish the fingers sandwich them together with buttercream, then dip the ends in melted chocolate and allow to set. Fill the biscuits just before serving to prevent them going soft.